Holy Monastery of Elias at Iliovounio

It is on the mountain at the west of Nea Kerasounta village.

Built in 1720, the catholicon, a large three-aisled domed basilica, was renovated in 1852 by the abbot Dionysios and it is mentioned several years later (1878) “….by iconographers Matthew and Apostolos, sons of Socrates, and by Miltiades K. from the village Chionades…”